Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC)
Professional Bus, Coach and Lorry drivers are legally required to hold a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence Driver CPC in addition to their vocational driving licence. Driver CPC training is continuing professional development which carries on throughout a professional bus, coach or lorry drivers careers.
The aims of Driver CPC are to:
- To improve the knowledge and skills of Lorry, Bus and Coach drivers before they start driving professionally
- To develop your knowledge and skills throughout your working life
- To improve road safety through better qualified drivers
New & Existing Drivers
Drivers of PCV vehicles prior to 10 September 2008 were required to complete their first block of 35 hours of training and have their DQC issued by 9 September 2013. The deadline to complete their second block of training will be 9 September 2018.
Drivers of LGV vehicles prior to 10 September 2009 were required to complete 35 hours of training and have their DQC issued by 9 September 2014. The deadline to complete their second block of training will be 9 September 2019.
Drivers of both PCV and LGV vehicles only need to do one set of periodic training every 5 years.
Both new and existing drivers must complete a total of 35 hours periodic training within the 5 years following their ‘acquired rights’ or initial Driver CPC to keep their Driver CPC valid.
Ultimately, it’s the drivers’ responsibility to decide if this directive is applicable to them but we can advise fully in this regard.
Contact us and we will advise you what you will have to do and within what timescale.
We are currently offering the following full approved JAUPT CPC courses:
- Digital & Analogue Tachograph rules and drivers hours regulations (7 Hours)
- ADR Training Day 1 /2 / 3 (21 Hours in total)
- Drink Driving & Protecting vulnerable road users (7 Hours)
- Traffic Law, Incidents & Vulnerable Road Users ** New Course **
- Driver Welfare Customer Care And Security
- Road Traffic Incident Management and Emergency First Aid for Professional Drivers
Each of the above courses are eligible for 7 hours training towards the 35 hours that must be completed within a five year period.
|CPC Training Courses|
|Please contact us|